Sunday, June 22, 2008

Home again!

Suzanne and I successfully made it home on today on June 22! (Happy Birthday Suzanne!) The last leg of our journey was intense. Our 2 days in Manali were followed by a 14 bus ride back to Delhi, 14 hours of time to kill in Delhi, then a 14 hour plane ride from Delhi to Newark. We arrived in the US this morning at 4:00 am and then to Raleigh around 9 am. Needless to say, we are exhausted.

So far, today I have already eaten pig, chicken, and cow, as well as appreciated warm running water! My stomach is also recovering from a month's diet of chickpeas, rice, and curry.

Pictures are beginning to go up. Tonight, I uploaded less than 1/3rd of them...I tried to pick the best ones, but I may add some more as time progresses.

Thanks for all the prayers on safe travel!

picasaweb.google.com/maclapp

No comments: